What is Pre-poo? Pre-poo is basically a conditioning treatment you give to your hair before you shampoo. So, when you do shampoo your hair the pre-poo acts as a barrier and help you maintain moisture during the shampoo process.
Why do you Pre-poo? :
- It acts as a barrier protecting your hair from all the harshness of the shampoo
- It leaves your hair incredibly soft&moisturized
- It leaves your hair very manageable
- It leaves your hair very detangled, which results in less tangles causing you to retain more length and less breakage
- It doesn’t allow the shampoo to strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving you with clean, soft, moisturized hair !
What do I need to Pre-Poo?
- Conditioner of your choice
- Natural Hair Oil (coconut oil or olive is preferred)
- Plastic shower cap
- Fingers, Comb, or Denman Brush (your choice)
- Honey (optional)
- Hair Clips
How do I Pre-poo?
Pre-pooing is very easy and effortless, All you have to do is part your dry hair in sections, no less than 4. Apply your conditioner first and then your oil right behind it and do this for all sections. Once you applied the pre-poo treatment through out the hair you can brush or finger comb your hair up into a clip, place the plastic cap over your hair and wait for about 30-45 mins and wash your hair as normal. If you choose to use the honey you just apply it first and follow the steps as directed above.